Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Quarter Century

Yesterday was the absolute best day! I woke up early, sat around on the couch, and pretty much did nothing. It was seriously the first time I can remember doing that in months! It was amazing. It was my birthday, so I decided to treat myself and take a little time off work and just relax. It's quite a refreshing thing. I got to talk with my dad a while and check out some of the pictures my sister posted of my nephews.



After doing nothing, I went on a run/mostly walk, and then just sat by the creek for a little while enjoying the beautiful fall colors! On my way back, I caught Mike sitting in his truck in front of my house writing in my birthday card haha....he was quick to put it away and come up with an excuse that he was "working on paperwork." After finishing and coming inside he surprised me with the most beautiful roses. I was pretty impressed when he told me he picked them out himself!


Next it was kraft macaroni and cheese and left-over chinese for my birthday lunch (isn't Mike lucky I'm easy to please?) and then that evening Mike took me to Wilmington, Delaware to see Nickel Creek in concert. It was a cool experience since they were playing at an opera house and it was one of their last shows. I recorded a couple videos and am still trying to figure out how to post them. It was a lot of fun and so nice just getting to spend time together. This was the only picture we were able to catch of the two of us before my camera battery died!


This past weekend I got together with my girlfriends from work and we celebrated all the "winter birthdays." It was a good time to get to hang out since it's so tough to match up all our crazy schedules! They totally spoiled me by getting me my first (and probably only) "big girl coach purse!" I was so shocked and sooo excited!

I'm still getting to enjoy much needed time off but am realizing I definitely have a tough time not really having anything to do. I guess I'm more like my mom than I thought! It has been really good though to have time to get to catch up with friends who I haven't talked to in a while. I can't believe how many phone calls and messages I had yesterday! I am so blessed to have so many people in my life who care for me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are loved!!
stacy

Cox Family said...

finaly a new post! ihad no idea it was your birthday.. of course mike didnt tell me, i pritty much have to tell him when it is his moms birthday so he wont miss it. he must real like you to rember the birtday and with such style!!! nickle creek is def. on the fave list. I sent your package this week it has a present for you and mike.. the catch.. you will have to go to the parents house to get it. its not a coach but hey its from cambodia